Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Life Without Cable

Since I moved to Winnipeg at the end of August for school, my roommate and I have been without cable. For awhile there, we weren't sure we'd make it through.

Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, we would lament the fact that we were missing Big Brother, just as the number of house guests were dwindling and the drama was increasing. I would complain about how I had to miss The Hour, a staple in my nightly TV routine, my roommate about how she missed her favourite TLC shows (Not going to lie, I wasn't too upset about that!)

However, after about a week, instead of coming home from school and plopping myself down on the couch and staring at our blank TV screen in disgust, I slowly found other things I liked to do. I would go outside and enjoy our late summer. I would go for walks and explore my new neighbourhood (Corydon is pretty neat!). I would phone my Grandma, or email my friends. I learned to appreciate life without TV, and I think my personal relationships and my overall health improved!

But last week, I got an email from a friend. "The season premiere of The Office - September 17!"
That was not something I was willing to live without.

We get cable today. Forget exercise and sunshine. And sorry Grandma. At 8 pm tonight, I will be tuned in.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I have HBO, I can't live without it.

    Enjoy "your stories!"

    ReplyDelete