Friday, February 5, 2010

Buble's Back! And his PR team is working hard!

I'm not afraid to say it. I love Michael Buble.



thedailybuble.spaces.live.com

Tickets went on sale for his Winnipeg show today, and yes, I'm going! It'll be my third Buble experience, but I'm as excited for it this time as I was the first time. Not only is he a great live singer, but he's hilarious! He's definitely the best all-around performer I've ever seen, hands down.

But, more relevant to school, when I was sitting in PR class yesterday, I started thinking about all the work his PR team has been doing to promote his tour. This week, his Canadian dates were announced and more dates were added to his US tour.

Which started a barrage of Buble appearances everywhere! He performed on Saturday Night Live last Saturday (see the video of his hilarious skit below with John Hamm from Mad Men), and he has upcoming performances on Ellen Degeneres and the Today Show next week.

Preceding his Australian tour, he is acting as an official winter Olympics correspondent on Australian television. He is huge in Australia, but the winter Olympics aren't very popular there, so they are hoping to bring in ratings by adding him as a personality. But it also serves as a good partnership for him to get some air time (plus as part owner of the WHL's Vancouver Giants, I don't think he minds sitting around talking about hockey and his hometown of Vancouver in a nice warm climate!)

He has also released (in time for Valentine's Day) a special 6-song digital download of songs he has previously recorded but hasn't released.

So congratulations to the Michael Buble public relations squad! You have certainly kept me interested this week with announcements and performances.

PS. If you have an opening on your squad, I would love to join!


1 comment:

  1. Kimberlee,

    You know that apart from your immediate family, nobody loves you as much as I do, but I'm afraid that this recent omission of Buble-love is enough to sever any ties/friendships/bonds that we have made in the past few weeks.

    Ahhh, who am I kidding Kim, I can't resist your charms. But geez-uz, Buble? Why? He's a poor man's Harry Connick Jr., who's in turn a (very) poor man's Sinatra.

    I knew a nice small-town girl like you probably had some dark secrets, but I was not expecting anything this dark and perverse.

    See ya in class.
    J.

    (is it too late to still get tickets btw....it's for a friend, really.)

    ReplyDelete